Foxes Class (Year 5)
Behind The News
Wednesday 3rd June 2020 - Bridge Walk Anniversary
1. Summarise the main points of today's story.
2. What date did people walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge for reconciliation?
3. How many people did the bridge walk?
4. Who did the bridge walk?
5. Complete this sentence. In 1992 the Prime Minister made the now famous __________ speech.
6. Who was Eddie Mabo?
7. What is the Native Title Act?
8. What does the term Stolen Generations mean?
9. Why was the bridge walk important? Explain using your own words.
10. What questions do you have after watching the BTN story?