Foxes Class (Year 5)
Behind The News
Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Human Evolution
1. Before watching the BTN story write down what you know about human evolution.
2. What part of the human body is helping us learn about human evolution?
3. What is the scientific name for modern humans?
4. Approximately how far back in time do modern humans date?
(a) 30,000 years
(b) 300,000 years
(c) 3 million years
5. Where did Homo sapiens originate?
6. What did our earliest ancestors look like? Describe.
7. How are Homo habilis different to Homo sapiens?
8. The most famous Australopithecus afarensis was discovered by scientists in which country?
9. What was surprising about the Human Evolution story?
10. What questions do you have about the BTN story?