Foxes Class (Year 5)
Behind The News
Thursday 4th June 2020 - Bridge Walk Memories
1. Retell the story in your own words.
2. Where is the Sydney Harbour Bridge? Locate using Google Maps and calculate how
long the bridge walk was in kilometres.
3. Why did so many people march across the Sydney Harbour Bridge?
4. Why did Isaac and Max’s grandma want to do the walk?
5. Where is Isaac and Max’s family from? Find it using Google Maps.
6. How do you say echidna in Isaac and Max’s language?
7. Was the walk only for Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal people? Explain.
8. Why was the bridge walk important for reconciliation in Australia?
9. How did the BTN story make you feel? Write a paragraph of your thoughts.
10. What did you learn watching the BTN story?