Foxes Class (Year 5)
Behind The News
Monday 6th July 2020 - Hurricane Dorian
1. Summarise the BtN Story. What issues were raised in the story?
2. Where are the Bahamas? Find using Google Maps.
3. How would you describe the Caribbean region before Hurricane Dorian?
4. How fast did winds reach when Hurricane Dorian moved through the Bahamas?
5. What category did Hurricane Dorian reach when it hit the Bahamas?
6. What type of damage can a Category 5 hurricane cause?
7. What is the difference between a hurricane and a cyclone?
8. Where do hurricanes form?
9. Hurricanes get stronger as they move over cold water. True or false?
10. What are people who study hurricanes called?